Now it’s on to Day 3, where chances can be taken on players. There are still quite a few good ones left. Here are nine I’d target early (with their original overall ranking in parenthesis):
1. Devontae Booker jersey cheap (53), RB, Utah: Providing the medical reports on his knee are OK, Booker could become the fifth running back taken in this draft. He’s a guy I’d take a chance on because he’s very explosive and catches the ball well out of the backfield. Take a look at his 2014 season before the injury for evidence.
2. Zack Sanchez (67), CB, Oklahoma: I tried my best to talk Sanchez into staying in school for his senior season. I thought it was in his best interest to stay at Oklahoma and build up his frail body. There’s no doubt, he has the talent and was productive in college, but I wonder how he’ll hold up in the NFL. It might take him a year in the weight room.
3. Christian Westerman (74), OG, Arizona State: He’s got very good size (6 3 1/8, 298) and speed (sub 5.2) for a guard. Strong (34 reps) and technically sound. Could probably also play center.
4. Hassan Ridgeway (76), DT, Texas: If I had the first pick on Saturday, I’d use it on Ridgeway. He’s big, strong and fast, but will need to find a team that can motivate him. It was a problem at Texas, and probably a reason he’s still available.
5. Kenneth Dixon jersey cheap (80), RB, Louisiana Tech: Had a very good week at the Senior Bowl. He’s big, strong and quick. His production was off the charts at Louisiana Tech. I think he could play on all three downs in the NFL.
6. Dak Prescott jersey cheap (81), QB, Mississippi State: Wholesale Jerseys
Prescott is a double threat quarterback who is coming out of a Tim Tebow system and needs work with his accuracy. I think with pro coaching that part of his game will improve. He exhibits enough tools to warrant strong consideration early on Day 3. I would take him over Connor Cook jersey cheap in a heartbeat.
7. Miles Killebrew (82), S, Southern Utah Killebrew reminds me a lot of Sabby Piscitelli, the Oregon State safety who was drafted by Tampa Bay in the second round in 2007 and played in the league for five years before turning to professional wrestling. Killebrew has similar size and speed and plays with intensity. He’s a box safety that will immediately help on special teams.
8. Joshua Perry (89), ILB, Ohio State: The Buckeyes had a record 10 players drafted in the first three rounds, two more than the previous mark held by Tennessee (2000). That number will rise on Saturday and Perry should be the next to go. He is a Seahawks type linebacker if I ever saw one, but Seattle’s next pick isn’t until the back end of the fifth round a spot long after Perry is likely gone.
9. Vadal Alexander (94), OG, LSU: Remember Gabe Jackson jersey cheap, the Mississippi State lineman who went to Oakland in Round 3 a few wholesale nfl jerseys
years ago and turned into one of the best guards in the league? Alexander reminds me of him. He has slow straight line speed but doesn’t play slow. He’s a strong, fundamentally sound football player.